How Ireland Heating & Cooling, Inc. is Handling COVID-19
At Ireland Heating & Cooling, Inc., we take the safety of our customers and our staff seriously. While this is true every day, it’s especially important in this time of heightened concern. Because our services play a vital role in maintaining health, safety, and comfort, we will be remaining open during this time. But, you can rest assured that we’re taking steps to minimize the impact of COVID-19.
Below you will find a brief outline of our plan for addressing the virus. If you need service, please call our main line at 270-351-3522.
Why is HVAC Considered Essential
Gov. Andy Beshear declared-
Housing, buildings and construction businesses are essential for daily life:
Plumbers, electricians, HVAC or exterminators are needed to make sure house holds function safely and securely at all times given they are following procedures given by the CDC.
How Ireland Heating & Cooling, Inc. is Working to Protect You
Per the CDC and WHO guidelines, we are making some changes to our normal operating procedures. We will also be adopting rigorous cleaning protocols during the outbreak. While these adjustments may seem inefficient or awkward, they’re necessary to ensure the health of those we serve.
- Staff Care: Any employees showing symptoms will be asked to remain home until medically clear.
- Scheduling Questions: : When you call to make an appointment, our office team will ask if anyone in your home has had a fever, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been exposed to the virus. Please note that answering “yes” to any of these will not disqualify you from service. It will just allow our staff to be properly equipped with masks and gloves before entering your home.
- Safety Measures: Troubleshooting equipment can sometimes be done from the exterior of your home, but there are times when our staff must go inside. In those situations, nitrile gloves and masks may be worn. If you have an allergy to any of these products, please let us know ahead of time.
- Sanitization: Our trucks are stocked with disinfectant sprays and sanitizing wipes. After completing a job, your technician will wipe down any areas with which they had contact. This includes equipment, door handles, and floors.
- Distancing Efforts: Some of our office staff may be relocated to remote locations during the COVID-19 outbreak. In some situations, we may ask to see pictures or videos of your equipment to better understand the problem you want addressed in order to optimize scheduling and help minimize face-to-face contact.
- Area-Based Responses: While we will continue to service everyone in our normal area, we will take extra precautions around clients in areas deemed high-risk by the CDC.
- Authorization: We usually require a written signature on paper or a tablet prior to beginning work, however, to reduce the risk of contact, we will not be requiring a signature but noting your verbal authorization using your initials.
Regarding Maintenance Calls and Other Scheduled Visits
We’ll reach out to you before our visit to outline the above procedures.
At Ireland Heating & Cooling, Inc., we value your peace of mind. We understand the current situation may be more concerning for some of our clients than it is for others.
Our Planning Standards
Please check our website and follow us on social media for any updates as the situation develops. If you have any questions regarding this policy or wish to discuss our COVID-19 response plan in more detail, please call 270-351-3522 or email email@example.com
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Check Out This Helpful Graphic For Dealing With COVID-19
Download the PDF version here